Barcelona's shock 4-3 defeat to Real Betis on Sunday marked the first time the Catalan giant has conceded four goals at Camp Nou in 15 years.
Lionel Messi – making his first appearance since fracturing his arm against Sevilla on October 20 – scored twice, but it was not enough to prevent a stunning reverse against Quique Setien's side.
A chaotic display at the back from Barca allowed Junior, Joaquin, Giovani Lo Celso and Sergio Canales to all get on the scoresheet – the first time Barca has conceded four at home since a 4-2 defeat to Deportivo La Coruna in April 2003.
The loss also marks the first time Barca has conceded in 10 consecutive La Liga fixtures since a run of 12 under Louis van Gaal between September and December in 1998.
Barca remains top of La Liga, but neighbour Espanyol will pull level with it on 24 points if it overcomes Sevilla on Sunday.
- Kerala Blasters vs Jamshedpur FC LIVE, ISL 2023-24: KBFC v JFC updates; When, where to watch; Kick-off at 8 PM IST
- Asian Games 2023: Seema Punia wins discus bronze in Hangzhou
- Indian sports news wrap, October 1
- Asian Games 2023: Nandini Agasara wins bronze in women’s heptathlon
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, October 1: Tajinderpal, Avinash Sable win gold; Harmilan, Ajay, Jinson win 1500m medals; Sreeshankar wins long jump silver; Nikhat Zareen wins bronze; India 2-1 China in men’s badminton final