Athletic Bilbao has sacked Eduardo Berizzo after presiding over just a single win in his 14 La Liga games at the helm.
Berizzo was given a one-year deal by the Basque club in May, replacing Jose Angel Ziganda, but things have not gone to plan for the Argentinian coach.
Athletic played 14 league games with Berizzo in charge, but has not won since the opening day of the campaign against Leganes and sits third from bottom, three points adrift of safety.
Along with Real Madrid and Barcelona, Athletic is one of just three clubs to have never been relegated from La Liga, but it faces a real struggle in ensuring that historic run continues beyond the current campaign.
Among its most damaging result this term was the 3-1 home defeat to bitter local rival Real Sociedad at the start of October.
Monday's 3-0 loss at Levante proved the final straw, with Berizzo being relieved of his duties for the second time in under a year, after he was sacked by Sevilla last December. Gaizka Garitano – the club's reserve team coach – has been appointed as Berizzo's successor.
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: TN jolts Baroda, Saurashtra nears win vs Odisha; MP collapses v Bengal
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.