La Liga struggler Getafe on Friday appointed its sporting director Ruben Reyes to succeed coach Quique Sanchez Flores.
Sanchez Flores was fired after a home loss to fellow relegation candidates Almeria on Wednesday, which dropped the club from the Madrid suburbs to just above the Liga drop zone.
It fell into the bottom three when Valencia won on Thursday.
The club did not say whether Reyes had been signed to a long-term contract as coach.
“Ruben Reyes, Getafe CF’s sporting director, will be in charge of the first team from today’s training session,” the club announced.
Spanish media reported former Getafe coach Jose Bordalas had turned down the job.
- NBA roundup: Hornets work overtime to beat Celtics, Milwaukee downs Washington
- ODI World Cup 2023 sets record for most attended ICC event with 1.25 million spectators
- Hockey India names 34-member core probable group for National women’s coaching camp
- World Wushu Championship 2023: Roshibina Devi wins silver
- Sportstar’s ICC ODI World Cup 2023 team of the tournament: Rohit, Kohli, Shami, Maxwell among stars in XI