Gareth Bale reportedly left Real Madrid's loss to Real Sociedad early and Santiago Solari says he will deal with the issue in private.
Bale, who is sidelined by a calf injury, was not in the squad as Real Madrid went down 2-0 against Sociedad at the Santiago Bernabeu to record its sixth loss of the La Liga season. Bale was pictured driving away from the stadium with more than 10 minutes to go.
Although Bale starred at the Club World Cup with a hat-trick in the semi-final against Kashima Antlers, his La Liga form has been mixed. The 29-year-old has only scored one league goal since September 1 and has again been linked with a move away from Madrid.
Solari, though, would not reveal whether or not Bale will be punished for leaving the Sociedad match before full-time when he spoke to reporters ahead of Wednesday's Copa del Rey tie at home to Leganes.
"The fact that Bale left the Bernabeu is something to be solved inside the dressing room," Solari told a news conference.
Solari was left frustrated by VAR after the technology was not used to award Vinicius Jr a penalty during his side's defeat to La Real, which left Madrid fifth in the table and 10 points behind leaders Barcelona. And the under-pressure coach again hit out at the use of VAR ahead of Leganes' visit for the first leg of its last-16 tie.
"It all depends on the rules being more clear than the technology," he added. "If the rules are applied in the same way then it doesn't really clear things up. Sometimes as a spectator, I don't understand how it works. They will perfect it. The other days they were not complaints, just us defending ourselves, which is our right."
Solari is unsure whether Brahim Diaz, who joined the club from Manchester City this week, will be available to face Leganes.
"Brahim is fine, very happy to join Real Madrid," he continued. "He made a great choice picking the number 21 [also worn by Solari at Madrid].
"It will depend on administrative paperwork, I'd imagine."
- PKL LIVE Updates, When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Bengal Warriors vs Tamil Thalaivas followed by Dabang Delhi KC vs Haryana Steelers
- India vs South Africa Live Score, 1st T20I: IND v SA updates; Preview; live streaming info, predicted XI; Toss at 7 pm IST
- U19 Asia Cup: Azan century helps Pakistan beat India by 8 wickets
- IND-W vs ENG -W Live Score, 3rd Women’s T20: England wins toss, elects to bat first vs India; Amanjot replaces Pooja
- Gujarat Giants’ priority was buying players who would fit the setup: Mithali Raj