Santiago Solari said Gareth Bale helped define Saturday's derby after scoring his 100th Real Madrid goal against Atletico Madrid.
It was a memorable outing for Bale at Atletico's Wanda Metropolitano, where the Welsh forward celebrated his century of goals in the 3-1 La Liga derby victory .
Bale came off the bench and netted Madrid's third – his 100th goal in all competitions since arriving from Tottenham in 2013 for a then-record fee of €100 million – against 10-man Atletico.
And Madrid head coach Solari praised Bale following reports the Wales international walked back to the dressing room on his own following the triumph.
"He walked into the locker room very well and he was very happy with his goal," Solari said during his post-game news conference.
"He helped define this match because it was very much alive at this point. But thanks to his goal it ended the match and he's very good."
Bale has scored six La Liga goals in 18 matches – 15 of those in the starting XI – this season, while the 29-year-old has netted 12 in all competitions.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 251/3; Labuschagne, Carey at the crease
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika trail in Mixed Doubles R-32
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals