Cristhian Stuani signed a new contract at Girona, having been linked with La Liga champion Barcelona.
Stuani emerged as a target for Spanish leaders Barca in January, however, a move did not materialise.Now, veteran forward Stuani has signed a deal until June 2022, Girona announced on Friday.
The 32-year-old Uruguay international has scored 12 goals in La Liga this season – the best return from a player outside of Barca pair Lionel Messi (19) and Luis Suarez (15).
Girona – 14th in the standings – travels to Eibar on Sunday.
- Men’s Volleyball Club World Championship: Defending Champion Sicoma beats Halkbank, sets up final against Minas
- Premier League: Man Utd slumps to humiliating 3-0 home loss to Bournemouth
- WPL 2024 Mini Auction: Kashvee, Vrinda turn heads as uncapped Indians, Capitals get Sutherland for record bid
- La Liga 2023-24: Bellingham goal not enough as Real Madrid draws against Betis away from home
- Serie A: Lazio dominates but draws 1-1 at 10-man Verona, Inter hosts Udinese