Barcelona head coach Ernesto Valverde said Lautaro Martinez is a "great player" as the Inter star continues to be linked with the La Liga champion.
Inter forward Martinez has reportedly emerged as a top target for Barca, which is looking to identify a long-term heir for the aging Luis Suarez.
Martinez has scored 13 goals across all competitions this season, including a goal away to Barca in the Champions League on October 2.
RELATED| Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January - Barca president Bartomeu
The 22-year-old Argentina international will come up against Barca again when Inter welcomes the Spanish giant to Milan on Tuesday, in a battle of first against second in Group F on the final matchday.
Asked about Martinez on the eve of the clash, Valverde – whose Barca has already qualified for the last 16 – told reporters: "He is a great player and he's having a great season. He is quick and strong.
"He scored a great goal in the first game at the Camp Nou. I know he is comfortable with [Romelu] Lukaku, they’ve found the right mechanism to help Inter.
"As for Lautaro being similar to Luis Suarez, they are a little different but both are born goalscorers.
"But Inter have so many good players, Lautaro, Lukaku, [Milan] Skriniar…"
Latest on Sportstar
- Paris Diamond League: Murali Sreeshankar secures third place
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 4?
- Swiatek vs Muchova, French Open 2023 Women’s Final: Preview, Head-to-head record, streaming info
- French Open 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: Djokovic beats Alcaraz, Ruud defeats Zverev to set up title clash
- French Open 2023: Ruud faces Djokovic for title after semifinal win over Zverev