Joris Gnagnon has re-joined his former side Rennes on a season-long loan deal from LaLiga side Sevilla.
The 22-year-old signed a five-year contract with the Spanish club for a fee reportedly worth €15million in July last year.
He struggled to make an impact during his debut campaign in Spain, however, making just 16 appearances across all competitions.
The defender made headlines during pre-season for a horrendous challenge that left Liverpool youngster Yasser Larouci needing a stretcher during a friendly in the United States.
He was shown a straight red card with 14 minutes remaining after wildly kicking out at Larouci, later saying: "It was a heinous act on my part for whatever reason and should not be seen on a football field."
He becomes the 16th player to leave Sevilla during a busy transfer window and the ninth to leave on loan.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023