Dimitri Payet has been handed a four-match suspension after he insulted a referee during the Ligue 1 game between Marseille and Montpellier.
The France international has already served a one-game ban but will be unavailable to Marseille for matches against Rennes, Amiens and Strasbourg, the Ligue de Football Professionnel confirmed.
Payet had been booked for a foul on Montpellier's Hilton and he responded angrily towards referee Amaury Delerue, who produced a second yellow card.
The 32-year-old, who has scored two Ligue 1 goals this season, will be back to face Paris Saint-Germain in Le Classique at the Parc des Princes on October 27.
There were three red cards in the game and Marseille defender Boubacar Kamara has been banned for two matches for his sending-off against Montpellier.
Jordan Ferri was also sent off after a scuffle with Kamara in the closing stages and the Montpellier midfielder will serve a three-match suspension.
Marseille will also be without Kevin Strootman for its Ligue 1 match against Amiens due to an accumulation of yellow cards.
- WPL Auction LIVE 2024 Updates: Sutherland to Delhi for 2.00 cr; Ismail to Mumbai; Kashvee becomes most expensive uncapped Indian; Dottin, Athapaththu go unsold as accelerated round awaits - Women’s Premier League updates
- IWL 2023-24: Kickstart FC’s campaign kicks off with smooth win against HOPS FC
- WPL Auction 2024 updates: Full list of sold, unsold players; purse remaining; team news; Vrinda Dinesh goes to UPW for 1.30 crore
- WPL Auction 2024: Annabel Sutherland sold to Delhi Capitals for Rs. 2 crore
- Gujarat Giants WPL 2024 Auction, LIVE Updates: Full list of players, new buys, team news, remaining purse in Women’s Premier League Season 2