Germany midfielder Linda Dallmann could miss this year’s Women’s World Cup after a season-ending ankle injury while playing for Bayern Munich.
The 28-year-old Dallmann tore her left anterior syndesmosis ligament in the German Cup quarterfinal win over Hoffenheim on Tuesday, Bayern said Thursday.
“Dallmann must now undergo surgery (on Friday),” Bayern said. “The diagnosis means an early end to the season.”
Dallmann played in all six of Germany’s games at the Women’s European Championship last year and came off the bench in the final as the team lost to host nation England 2-1 in extra time.
Bayern’s last Bundesliga game this season is May 28. Germany’s first group match at the Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand is scheduled for July 24.
- .01 seconds shy of Usha’s 39-year-old record, Vithya Ramraj looks to hurdle into record books
- Hazlewood: Pace guns to propel Australia at World Cup
- UEFA hosts women football stars for expert advice, then it thanks ousted Luis Rubiales for his service
- India vs Pakistan Reserve Day weather updates, Asia Cup Super 4: Play resumes after rain relents
- India vs Sri Lanka Colombo LIVE weather updates, Asia Cup 2023: Will rain affect IND vs SL match today?