Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker will miss Saturday's FA Community Shield clash against Manchester City but will return for his team's Premier League opener against Fulham on August 6, manager Jurgen Klopp confirmed on Thursday.
Liverpool's No.1 has not featured for the Reds since the pre-season friendly against Manchester United in Bangkok earlier in July.
Forward Diogo Jota, battling a muscle injury, will also remain sidelined.
“No, Alisson and Diogo have no [chance]. Ali trained today more than the day before, so he will be definitely available for Fulham, but not for the weekend,” Klopp said.
“And the same for Diogo. Diogo was not here with us, so how could he play a football game? That will take a while, unfortunately. That’s it.”
Latest on Sportstar
- Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- Ravi Dahiya pulls out of from Bishkek Ranking Series after injury during warmup
- Mbappe targets Ligue 1 scoring record with PSG next season
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash