Liverpool's Sadio Mane marked his return from injury with a late goal to crack Norwich City's resistance and secure a 1-0 win on Saturday to extend his side's Premier League lead to 25 points.
Bottom club Norwich was proving a tough nut to crack on a windy evening for Jurgen Klopp's side but Mane, who came on as a substitute on the hour, pounced to drill home a fine finish from inside the area in the 78th minute.
It was his first appearance since going off injured in Liverpool's win at Wolverhampton Wanderers on January 23.
Norwich had defended resolutely and twice came close to taking the lead, but Liverpool's relentless romp towards a first English title for 30 years continued.
Victory was its 34th in its last 35 league games and its 17th in succession.
Norwich, for whom Alexander Tettey struck the woodwork in the second half, remains seven points adrift of 17th-placed Aston Villa which host Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.
They battled until the end, however, and Teemu Pukki fired straight at Alisson in the 89th minute.
- Klopp dismisses Forest complaints over Nunez winner
- Frustrated Chelsea fans turn on Pochettino and owners
- Leicester stunned as Ipswich close gap in promotion race
- Premier League 2023-24: Darwin Nunez stoppage time winner helps Liverpool edge Forest, extend lead over City in table
- Santosh Trophy: Mizoram seals remaining quarterfinal spot, defending champion Karnataka knocked out