Willian wants Ruben Loftus-Cheek to return to Chelsea from his Crystal Palace loan spell after impressing for England against Brazil at Wembley.
A shortage of available midfielders prompted England coach Gareth Southgate to hand Loftus-Cheek his international debut against Germany and the 21-year-old retained his place for the clash with the Selecao on Tuesday.
Blues attacker Willian, introduced as a substitute by Tite in the second half, was impressed by the impact of the young midfielder and feels he could well have a bright future at Stamford Bridge after previously struggling for first-team opportunities.
"I don't know why he is at Crystal Palace now," he told reporters. "I don't know why. He has to come back! He is strong, he has quality. He has a great future."
Loftus-Cheek made his senior debut for Chelsea in 2014 and has managed only six Premier League starts for the west London club, but he could yet revive his Blues fortunes following an assured introduction to international football.
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush Shah qualifies for R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Shooting HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold; India 5th with 22 medals
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Smith at crease; Australia scores 90 in PowerPlay
- Asian Games 2023: Anant Jeet Singh wins silver in men’s shotgun skeet event