Man City returns to training after COVID-19 outbreak at club

Manchester City's first team squad will return to training on Wednesday, days after its training facilities closed and postponed its match against Everton.

City reported numerous positive cases in its squad on Monday -- days after striker Gabriel Jesus and defender Kyle Walker tested positive -- forcing the league to postpone its match at Goodison Park.   -  GETTY IMAGES

Manchester City's first team squad will return to training on Wednesday after a COVID-19 outbreak forced it to close its facilities and postpone Monday's match at Everton, the Premier League club said.

City reported numerous positive cases in its squad on Monday -- days after striker Gabriel Jesus and defender Kyle Walker tested positive -- forcing the league to postpone its match at Goodison Park.

"The full COVID-19 bubble underwent testing yesterday, and results have so far revealed no new positive cases," City said in a statement.

READ | Ancelotti: Everton yet to receive clarification for City game postponement

"The first team training buildings have undergone a deep clean over the past 48 hours, and the majority of these facilities will remain closed, with only essential operations around training resuming."

City's next game is at Chelsea on Sunday and the club said the bubble will undergo further testing this week with the results dictating their next steps.

Earlier on Wednesday, Fulham's league match at Tottenham Hotspur that was scheduled to kick off at 1800 GMT was postponed due to a COVID-19 outbreak at the West London club.

For more updates, follow Sportstar on :