Manchester United and Liverpool have both been charged by UEFA following crowd trouble at their Europa League clash at Old Trafford, the governing body announced on Friday.
Five men were reportedly arrested following the disturbances on Thursday which saw rival fans fighting in the stands and flares and objects thrown.
Liverpool knocked Manchester United out of the second-tier European competition after its last 16 second leg ended 1-1. That gave Liverpool a 3-1 victory on aggregate and a place in Friday's quarter-final draw.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m