Carlo Ancelotti believes his Napoli side will be coming up against the heirs to Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi when hosting Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday.
Napoli heads into the Champions League clash ahead of PSG by a single point after three matches in Group C.
But Ancelotti – who coached PSG for two years until 2013 – is wary of the talent at Thomas Tuchel's disposal, particularly Kylian Mbappe and Neymar.
World Cup winner Mbappe is among the favourites for this year's Ballon d'Or, as the coveted award appears set to be won by someone other than Ronaldo or Messi for the first time since Kaka in 2007.
But even if he is beaten to the individual gong, Ancelotti is convinced Mbappe is sure to win it eventually.
"He is a credible candidate to take the place of these champions [Ronaldo and Messi] who win all the trophies," Ancelotti told Telefoot.
"I think that Mbappe and Neymar can be the successors of Ronaldo and Messi.
"If he [Mbappe] does not win the Ballon d'Or this year, he will win it in the coming years without any problem. All teams dream of having him."
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings