Barcelona star Neymar has downplayed the importance of the Ballon d'Or and is adamant it would not be a problem for him if he never wins it.
The Brazil international had to settle for fifth place in the 2016 award, with Cristiano Ronaldo beating Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann to scoop the gong.
Neymar, however, has stressed he will not lose any sleep over whether he will ever lift the trophy.
"I am very happy in Barcelona, at this team and with the life I have," the 24-year-old told the official LaLiga website.
"Of course, it is my goal to win the Ballon d'Or, but I am not going to kill myself for it. I want to be happy and I am happy here at Barcelona. It is not a problem if I do not win the Ballon d'Or.
"I do not play football to win the Ballon d'Or. I play football to be happy, because I love it and want to play football. Winning the Ballon d'Or is the consequence of your work. Unfortunately, only one person can win it and Leo Messi is the best."
- Asian Games 2023, September 30, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Sarabjot, Divya qualify for gold medal match; Sreeshankar, Aldrin, Yarraji among athletes to qualify for final
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 30 - LIVE - Sarabjot, Divya qualify for 10m Air Pistol Mixed Team gold medal match; IND stands 4th with 33 medals
- East Bengal vs Hyderabad FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- Athletics, Asian Games 2023 LIVE Score September 30: Barman 2nd in women’s heptathlon; Sreeshankar, Aldrin reach long jump final; Yarraji through to 100m hurdles final - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Lionel Messi’s Inter Miami fans upset with season ticket price hike