Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar said he had wished for a "new metatarsal" in an emotional speech at a celebration of his 27th birthday.
Neymar was ruled out for 10 weeks after hobbling off in a 2-0 Coupe de France victory over Strasbourg on January 23, meaning he will miss both legs of the Champions League last-16 tie with Manchester United.
The injury was sustained on the fifth metatarsal of his right foot, which he also damaged in February 2018 when he was sidelined for the remainder of that domestic season.
Neymar sported red crutches at an event to mark his birthday and was tearful when he addressed those in attendance.
"What I wanted the most as a birthday present today is a new metatarsal, so I could be on the field fighting and doing what I love the most, which is playing soccer," he said.
"It's been very hard to be on crutches all this time. Every athlete knows how hard that is.
"They [PSG team-mates] are giving me all the strength possible to help me return as soon as possible."
PSG suffered its first Ligue 1 defeat of the season in just its second match since Neymar sustained his injury, going down 2-1 to Lyon on Sunday.
However, it remains 10 points clear of Lille at the top of the table and with two games in hand.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Natarajan picks four wickets for TN vs Baroda; Mumbai beats Pondicherry
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023