Nottingham Forest Sporting Director Filippo Giraldi has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect, after just six months in the role, the struggling Premier League side said on Tuesday.
Giraldi, hired in October, joined the promoted club after it had made more than 20 signings in the close season upon its return to the top flight.
With the Italian on board - formerly Chief Scout and Technical Director at Watford for more than eight years - Forest added another seven signings in the January window, however, also with mixed results.
He left the team in the relegation zone and winless in its last nine games.
“Filippo would like to place on record his thanks to the club and wishes Nottingham Forest best of luck for the future,” the club said, adding he left “amicably”.
Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis released a statement last week to dispel rumours of possibly sacking coach Steve Cooper, saying the club was in a difficult place but the manager’s position remained unchanged.
Forest, 18th in the Premier League on 27 points from 30 games, host Manchester United on Sunday.
- IND vs SL LIVE Score, Asia Cup final 2023: India vs Sri Lanka Toss, Playing XI, Weather updates, streaming info
- Lance Stroll to miss Singapore GP after qualifying crash
- Indian sports news wrap, September 17
- India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Colombo weather updates, Asia Cup final: Will rain affect match today?
- SA vs AUS, 5th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates