PSG women's team midfielder Aminata Diallo has been taken into custody for alleged assault on one of her teammates, as confirmed by the club on Wednesday.
"Paris Saint-Germain can confirm that Aminata Diallo was taken into custody this morning by the Versailles Regional Police Service as part of the proceedings opened following an attack on the Club's players last Thursday evening," the club said in a stattement.
"Paris Saint-Germain condemns in the strongest possible terms the violence committed. Since Thursday evening the Club has taken all necessary measures to guarantee the health, well-being and safety of its entire women's team."
The 26-year-old had won the 2013 UEFA Women's under-19 Championship with France and has been with the Paris-based club since 2016, with loan spells with Utah Royals and Atletico Madrid Women.
"Paris Saint-Germain is working with the Versailles Police to clarify the facts. The Club is paying close attention to the progress of the proceedings and will study what action to take," PSG added.
- WATCH: David Warner bats right-handed against Ashwin during IND vs AUS 2nd ODI
- India vs Myanmar Asian Games 2023: Who will the Indian football team face in round of 16 at Hangzhou 2022?
- IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: World Cup-bound batters make merry as India seals series win
- Asian Games 2023: Chhetri and Jhingan turn coaches on field, guiding India into round of 16 in Hangzhou
- IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Madhya Pradesh cricket announces Rs 11 lakhs prize for groundstaff