Rafael Leao will remain an AC Milan player after the Serie A giants announced on Friday that the Portugal forward had signed a new deal until 2028.
“AC Milan is pleased to announce that Rafael Alexandre da Conceiçao Leao has renewed his contract with the club until 30 June 2028,” Milan said in a statement.
Milan did not communicate the details of the deal but Italian media report that Leao will earn a basic net salary of five million euros ($5.4 million) with a series of bonuses in place which could make his actual earnings significantly higher.
Milan have also reportedly inserted a release clause of 175 million euros which can only be exercised during a summer transfer window.
The 23-year-old has made 162 appearances for Milan since signing from Lille in 2019, netting 41 times and setting up 29 more.
He was crucial to Milan winning their first Serie A title in 11 years last season and getting to the Champions League semi-finals this campaign.
- Asian Games 2023, Indian football: Jhingan, Sana added to Asiad squad, Stimac to travel as head coach
- India vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: IND 115/4 (28); Shubman Gill completes fifty, IND loses Kishan
- ISL 2023-24: Indian Super League match between FC Goa and Hyderabad FC rescheduled
- Chopra seeks to defend Diamond League trophy
- SA vs AUS: Heinrich Klaasen hits 174, highest ODI score by No. 5 batter