Bayern Munich forward Robert Lewandowski was named The Best FIFA Men's Player 2020 on Thursday, beating off competition from last year's winner Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Lewandowski, who won the German league and cup double as well as the Champions League with Bayern, finished as top scorer in all three competitions and won the award for the first time.
The 32-year-old also led Poland to Euro 2020 qualification and was named the 2019-20 UEFA Men's Player of the Year in October.
Manchester City full back Lucy Bronze won the women's best player award, becoming the first female English player to take the prize. Bronze won the Champions League with Olympique Lyonnais earlier this year.
"I don't have the words right now to explain how Im feeling," Bronze said.
"If there's anything 2020 has taught us to appreciate every moment you've got, not look too far ahead and live in the here and now.
"I appreciate it more than ever. I'll remember this moment forever, for the rest of my life."
Elsewhere, in the Men's categories, Liverpool's Juergen Klopp was named The Best Men's Coach for the second successive year after guiding Liverpool to a first Premier League title in 30 years. Lewandowski's Bayern team mate Manuel Neuer was named The Best FIFA Men's Goalkeeper.
Tottenham Hotspur's Son Heung-min won the Puskas Award for goal of the year for his individual strike in a Premier League game against Burnley last December.
Netherlands' Sarina Wiegman was named The Best Women's Coach and Sarah Bouhaddi was awarded The Best FIFA Women's Goalkeeper.
The awards are voted on by selected members of the media, national team captains and coaches as well as fans.
- ISL 2023-24: Kerala Blasters files complaint on racism incident against Bengaluru FC
- How can the Indian football team qualify for round of 16 in Asian Games 2023?
- IND vs AUS: Shami fifer, all-round batting effort help India beat Australia by five wickets in first ODI
- India beats Australia in Mohali for first time since 1996 in ODIs
- Challenges mount as Hangzhou battles rain, communication barriers during Asian Games