Neymar's decision to swap LaLiga giant Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain was a step back, according to Brazil legend Ronaldo.
Eyebrows were raised when Neymar left Lionel Messi and Barca in a world-record deal after French powerhouses PSG activated the Brazil international's €222million buyout clause in August.
Neymar has starred for PSG, scoring 20 goals in all competitions — 11 of those strikes in Ligue 1 — but in an interview with ex-Brazil international Zico, former Barca striker Ronaldo said: "Sportingly, the decision is a step back.
Read: Messi, Ronaldo in UEFA Fans' Team of the Year, Neymar misses out again
"But there are challenges that everyone seeks.
"I played in Barcelona at the time and went to Inter when the Italian championship was much more competitive."
Neymar was on target on Wednesday as PSG defeated 10-man Amiens 2-0 to reach the Coupe de la Ligue semi-finals.
PSG is back in action against Claudio Ranieri's Nantes in Ligue 1 on Sunday.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 2: India 71/4 (18.2 overs); Starc removes Kohli, Australia in command
- India vs Argentina LIVE updates; IND 0-0 ARG; FIH Pro League 2022-23: First quarter underway; Streaming info
- Paris Diamond League: Preparation has been good, focusing on rhythm, says Sreeshankar
- India vs Argentina, FIH Pro League 2022-23, June 8: Preview, head-to-head, live streaming info
- Wrestlers want to take part in Asian Games trials, say need a month and half to prepare