ATK, the Indian Super League team, has secured the services of striker Roy Krishna for the 2019-20 season.
Krishna, from Fiji, last played for Wellington Pheonix FC in the A-league — a football league in Australia. In the 2018-19 season, he scored 19 goals in 27 matches for the side; for this, he won the golden-boot award and the Johnny Warren Medal.
Krishna is also the captain of the Fiji national football team.
Antonio Habas, head coach, ATK, said: “Roy Krishna is our first international striker signing of the season. He is a prolific striker with leadership skills under his belt. He will add attack and variety to the team and his confidence will give an edge. I am very happy to have him in ATK.”
ATK finished sixth in the ISL last season.
- AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr secures knockout stage berth with draw against Persepolis
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second