Atalanta climbed back into the top four in Serie A as Josip Ilicic's second-half penalty earned his side a thrilling 3-2 victory at Fiorentina on Sunday.
Serie A top goal scorers Atalanta raced into a two-goal lead inside 40 minutes thanks to a double from striker Duvan Zapata with Ruslan Malinovskyi providing both assists.
However, another brace in nine second-half minutes from Fiorentina's Dusan Vlahovic -- taking the Serb's league goal tally to 15 for the season -- levelled things up.
The drama was not over as Ilicic came off the bench to drill a 70th-minute spot kick down the middle and move his side on to 61 points, one behind Juventus in third and two clear of Napoli in fifth.
Fiorentina remain in 16th place, eight points clear of the relegation zone.
- Australia forward Borrello ruled out of Asian Cup with broken foot
- Mead proud of England return after ‘tough days’ of watching World Cup
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Karthik, Shahrukh rebuild for Tamil Nadu vs; Bengal solid vs MP
- Arthur Fils and Luca van Assche start with wins at Next Gen Finals
- Champions League 2023-24: Newcastle boss Howe rues penalty decision in PSG draw