Belgium goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois is being allowed to skip Tuesday’s friendly against Germany in Cologne because of a heavy workload at club level with Real Madrid, the Belgian FA said.
Courtois won his 101st cap in Friday’s 3-0 win over Sweden in Stockholm as Belgium made an impressive start to their Euro 2024 qualifying campaign under new manager Domenico Tedesco.
Courtois has already played 32 games with the European champions this season and has a hectic schedule with LaLiga matches, Copa del Rey and Champions League games ahead.
His absence gives a chance for deputy Koen Casteels, 30, who plays for VfL Wolfsburg, to win a fifth cap.
- From Satwik-Chirag’s highs to Sindhu’s lows, Asian Games 2023 a test for India’s badminton faithful
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup venues confirmed: Dallas, Florida and New York get the nod
- Mohammed Siraj back at No.1 in ICC Men’s ODI bowling rankings
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; Volleyball men’s team faces South Korea
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final