Tottenham Hotspur signed goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini from Serie A team Atalanta on a season-long loan, the Premier League side said on Saturday, making him new boss Nuno Espirito Santo's first signing.
Gollini, 26, made 32 appearances in all competitions for Atalanta last season, helping it finish third in the league.
He previously played for Aston Villa in England's second-tier Championship in 2016, before being loaned out to Atalanta, a deal that was made permanent in 2018.
Spurs has the option to make Gollini's transfer permanent, the club said in a statement.
READ : Solskjaer signs new Manchester United deal until 2024
Tottenham had been in search of a keeper to compete with captain Hugo Lloris and Joe Hart after Paulo Gazzaniga left at the end of his contract last month.
Tottenham, which finished seventh last season, begins its new campaign at home against champion Manchester City on August 15.
Latest on Sportstar
- Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- Ravi Dahiya pulls out of from Bishkek Ranking Series after injury during warmup
- Mbappe targets Ligue 1 scoring record with PSG next season
- Sanjivani Jadhav finishes second in women’s 10,000m at Portland Track Festival
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash