Tottenham Hotspur signed goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini from Serie A team Atalanta on a season-long loan, the Premier League side said on Saturday, making him new boss Nuno Espirito Santo's first signing.
Gollini, 26, made 32 appearances in all competitions for Atalanta last season, helping it finish third in the league.
He previously played for Aston Villa in England's second-tier Championship in 2016, before being loaned out to Atalanta, a deal that was made permanent in 2018.
Spurs has the option to make Gollini's transfer permanent, the club said in a statement.
Tottenham had been in search of a keeper to compete with captain Hugo Lloris and Joe Hart after Paulo Gazzaniga left at the end of his contract last month.
Tottenham, which finished seventh last season, begins its new campaign at home against champion Manchester City on August 15.
- EURO 2024 full schedule: Complete list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, live streaming info
- EURO 2024 Draw LIVE updates: Spain vs Croatia in group-stage, Portugal with Turkey, Italy in pot 4
- Indian Super League: Mohun Bagan SG beats Hyderabad 2-0 and creates ISL history
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info
- Euro 2024: UEFA sets $360 million prize fund for 24 national teams from revenue of $2.6 billion