Jeremie Boga has attracted interest from Atalanta and Napoli, among other European clubs, but the winger's agent is unclear if Chelsea will activate a buy-back clause.
The 23-year-old has impressed in Serie A since joining Sassuolo, including scoring eight goals in the currently suspended 2019-20 campaign.
Boga moved to Italy in 2018 after making just one first-team appearance during his time at Chelsea, having spent time out on loan at Rennes, Granada and Birmingham City.
The Premier League club reportedly has an option to sign the player back, though Boga's brother Daniel - who also serves as his agent - is unaware if a return to Stamford Bridge is likely.
Asked in an interview with Calciomercato.com if Chelsea does not intend to trigger the clause, he replied: "This, at the moment, I can't tell you."
If the Blues decide against a return to England, Boga seemingly has other options on the table - including two of Sassuolo's top-flight rivals in Italy.
Daniel Boga revealed he has held talks with both Napoli and Atalanta - plus "other European clubs" - but there had been no contact yet with AC Milan, despite speculation it wants the forward.
"As far as AC Milan is concerned, I haven't had any contact with them yet. I don't know if they are really interested in Jeremie," he said.
"You have to look at what the sporting project will be, but Milan is a great club. It can always be interesting."
Sassuolo has resumed training ahead of a possible return to action in Serie A in June. The league has been suspended since March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 261/3; Labuschagne, Carey at the crease
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 action now
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals