A new striker in January is a priority at Manchester United and reports suggest a familiar face could make a sensational return to England.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has previously said the club will be doing business after Christmas, with a striker still required following the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez.
Marcus Rashford has scored three goals in his previous two matches, while Anthony Martial marked his return from injury with a goal against Norwich City last Sunday, but a surprising name could provide the answer to United's depth issues up top.
TOP STORY – MANCHESTER UNITED MAKES CONTACT WITH IBRAHIMOVIC
Manchester United has made contact with former striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic , according to TuttoMercatoWeb.
Ibrahimovic scored 30 goals in MLS for LA Galaxy in 2019, but it was eliminated from the post-season after a 5-3 defeat to cross-town rival LAFC in the Western Conference semifinals last weekend.
Interest in the former Barcelona, Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain striker has increased since the end of LA Galaxy's season with the Swede still believing he can contribute at the highest level.
The 38-year-old is currently a free agent and scored 29 goals at Old Trafford in a brief spell with the club previously.
- One player who may create funds for Manchester United 's January business is defender Chris Smalling , but Corriere dello Sport claim the Red Devils want double the €10 million price Roma is expecting to pay for him.
- AS is reporting Edinson Cavani is weighing up his future at Paris Saint-Germain with Atletico Madrid and Inter Miami keeping tabs on the Uruguayan.
- Stefano Sensi is currently on-loan at Inter Milan from Sassuolo , but Sport claim Sensi's agent is in Barcelona as speculation of a move to the Spanish champion grows.
- The Daily Mail claims Wolves will turn to Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes in January as it seeks reinforcements to cover the injured Willy Boly.
- Chelsea is interested in signing Hertha Berlin winger Javairo Dilrosun when its transfer ban expires, according to Calciomercato.
- L'Equipe say Nantes is among several clubs showing interest in free agent forward Hatem Ben Arfa.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Haddad Maia beats Sorribes Tormo in third-longest women’s match at French Open
- Gundogan is HIM: Man City midfielder emerges as Guardiola’s man for big moments
- WTC Final 2023: We don’t feel any pressure of trying to win an ICC trophy, says Rahul Dravid
- Spurs agree terms for Postecoglou to become manager - reports