Besiktas has sealed the loan signing of Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund.
The Japan international joins Besiktas until the end of the season after falling out of favour at the Bundesliga leader.
Kagawa, who has started one Bundesliga game this term, had signalled his desire to move to LaLiga.
But the former Manchester United midfielder will instead spend the rest of the campaign in Turkey's Super Lig.
"Shinji is not only an outstanding football player, but also a great friend of our club," said Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc. "We did not want to deny him this request."
Besiktas is sixth in the table despite taking four points out of a possible six since the Super Lig's mid-season break.
Latest on Sportstar
- Canada’s Oleksiak to miss July World Championships with injury
- Swiatek defeats Liu, reaches French Open third round
- India vs Pakistan Live Score, Junior Asia Cup: Men in Blue one win away from title; starting lineups, streaming info
- Triple jumpers Unnikrishnan, Aboobacker win bronze at international meets
- Roger Binny: Sportstar has always been an interesting read