United States president Donald Trump has hailed the hard work of the USA, Mexico and Canada in securing the right to host the 2026 World Cup.
The United bid beat a rival one from Morocco by 134 votes to 65, giving them the right to host football's showpiece event in eight years' time. It had been suggested that the controversial politics of Trump could aid Morocco's cause.
- England vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 178/5 (30.1); Brook, Buttler fall in quick succession
- Spring has arrived for Harry Kane and he looks to be relishing it well with Bayern Munich
- India vs Pakistan semifinal ODI World Cup scenarios: points table and likely chances of IND v PAK in semis
- Carlos Alcaraz to debut for Europe at Laver Cup Berlin 2024
- Asian Archery C’Ships: India’s recurve women, compound men’s team win bronze; Jyothi, Parneet ensure all-Indian women’s compound final