Maxi Lopez scored four goals as Udinese set up a last 16 Italian Cup clash against Napoli with a thumping 8-3 win over Serie B side Perugia on Thursday.
New Udinese coach Massimo Oddo got his first victory with the Serie A struggler after losing his opener last weekend against Napoli days after taking over from sacked Luigi Del Neri.
"I'm happy that players are trying to implement what we're doing in training," said former Italian international Oddo.
"(Kevin) Lasagna and Maxi Lopez complement each other."
Brazilian Danilo opened with a header for the hosts after 17 minutes, with Lopez converting two penalties in his four-goal haul.
Lasagna scored just before the break to ensure Udinese was four goals up by half-time with Svante Ingelssson and Jakub Janko adding two more late on after Perugia pulled back three goals back in the second half.
"I'm not completely satisfied," said Oddo.
"The mentality is that we must never give up, but at times we did just that. We conceded two avoidable goals."
Genoa advanced past Serie A rival Crotone with Francesco Migliore scoring the only goal. Their rewards was a tie against Serie A champion Juventus in Turin on December 13.
- BAN vs NZ, 2nd Test: Bangladesh in charge despite bizarre Mushfiqur dismissal on Day 1
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world’s No.1 T20I bowler, surpasses Rashid Khan
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand HIGHLIGHTS, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2023: India needs to guard against complacency against Spain
- Pakistan captain Shan Masood hits century in Australia warm-up