Barcelona, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich were drawn together along with Viktoria Plzen to set up Group C at the UEFA Champions League group stage draw on Thursday.
This will be the second straight season when Barcelona and Bayern Munich will face each other in the group stage. Barcelona had failed to make it past the group stage last year and went down into the UEFA Europa League.
A clash between the Spanish and German clubs will also mark the return of Robert Lewandowski, who left the Munich outfit earlier in the year.
Group A will also offer an exciting set of matches with Liverpool, Napoli, Rangers and Ajax facing each other. In Group H, French champions Paris Saint Germain will face Juventus, along with Benfica and Maccabi Haifa.
Meanwhile, defending champion Real Madrid was drawn in Group F against Germany’s RB Leipzig, Celtic FC and Ukrainian champion Shakhtar Donetsk.
Premier League champion Manchester City will face challenge from Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla in Group G. The fourth team in the group is Denmark’s FC Copenhagen.
Here is how the groups line up for the season:
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea