Jose Mourinho says Manchester United is still waiting to receive an appropriate offer for Memphis Depay. United completed the GBP 24 million sale of Morgan Schneiderlin to Everton on Wednesday, but Depay – another player the manager has said he will allow to leave this month – remains.
Lyon has reportedly had a GBP 13 million bid rejected for the Netherlands winger, while Everton and Nice have been linked with loan moves, but Mourinho is not keen on a temporary switch. He wants to see a better offer before he allows Depay to leave as he seeks more regular first-team football.
"The latest is that the offer that we have had is far from being reasonable for us," Mourinho said ahead of Sunday's home Premier League match against Liverpool. "At the moment, he is our player and if in the end [of the window] nothing happens, he is one more option for us."
Depay joined United for a reported GBP 25 million from PSV Eindhoven in 2015, but is yet to start a Premier League match this season having been heavily involved in his debut campaign under Louis van Gaal.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer