Wayne Rooney will miss a second DC United match after MLS extended his suspension for violent conduct.
Rooney, 33, was sent off during United's 2-1 loss to the New York Red Bulls on August 21 when a VAR review focused on an off-the-ball incident involving Rooney and Cristian Casseres Junior.
Rooney was judged to have made contact with Casseres' face, and he served the first game of his suspension Sunday as United lost, 3-1, to Philadelphia Union.
With MLS opting to increase the ban, Rooney, who has scored 11 goals in 25 league appearances for United this season, will now miss Saturday's trip to face the Montreal Impact as well.
There are just five games remaining in the MLS regular-season schedule, and United is fifth in the Eastern Conference standings.
The former England striker will leave United at the end of the year as he heads to Derby County in England, where he will assume a player-coach role.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Warner, Marsh open as Australia looks to avoid cleansweep vs India
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa in action, tennis results
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth