Newcastle United has confirmed United States defender DeAndre Yedlin did not suffer a serious injury in their Premier League opener.
The club announced in a statement Yedlin "has been assessed and undergone treatment this week and is likely to resume training with his team-mates shortly".
Rafael Benitez said after Newcastle's 2-1 loss to Tottenham that Yedlin suffered a knee injury but the manager was unsure of the severity.
The 25-year-old limped off the field in the closing minutes, leaving Newcastle down to 10 men, and he had to be helped up the stairs to the dressing room.
- Saudi Pro League 2023-24: Al Nassr without Ronaldo draws against Al Hazem despite Talisca hattrick
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem Highlights Saudi Pro League: NAS 4-4 HAZ; Talisca scores hattrick, Ricardo scores stoppage time equalizer
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs