AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will miss at least two of his team's three remaining Serie A matches this season through injury, Stefano Pioli said on Tuesday.
The 39-year-old, who has scored 15 league goals in 19 appearances this season, was hurt during Sunday’s 3-0 win at Juventus and will miss Wednesday’s trip to Torino and the home match against Cagliari.
"He has suffered a knee sprain and will not be available tomorrow or on Sunday," Pioli told a news conference.
"We will see how the situation looks next week."
The win over Juventus was crucial for Milan’s hopes of Champions League qualification, as it lifted it to third place, three points clear of Juve in fifth.
With a difficult final day trip to Atalanta to come for Milan, however, Pioli warned that the victory in Turin would not guarantee a top-four finish.
"We won against a team that Milan has always had difficulties against, a historic and strong opponent," he said.
"These victories give you confidence and it was satisfying, but we have not done anything yet.
"We can only celebrate when we reach the Champions League. We must be strong mentally, stay in the game during the difficult moments and overcome them, like we did against Juve."
- Asian Games 2023: Why Iran’s Kabaddi gold medal defence won’t be easy in Hangzhou
- Inexperience cost Brighton on European debut, says De Zerbi
- Asian Games 2023: Indian women’s rugby team - Queens on the field and warriors in real life
- India in eSports at Asian Games 2023: Schedule, squad, events
- Esports at Asian Games 2022: Full schedule, India squad for Hangzhou 2023, match details