Aditi Ashok fired three birdies, against one bogey, in a third round card of two-under 70, to slip further to T-50, from overnight T-39, at the Bank of Hope Founders Cup.
Aditi, playing her first event in the US, in 2018, birdied third, 11th and 16th, and her only bogey came on the ninth, as she totalled four-under 212.
Meanwhile, Inbee Park started birdie-birdie-eagle-birdie-birdie, in round three, and looked set for a 59. However, she cooled off a bit with two birdies over her next 12 holes. She closed with a 15-foot birdie, on 18, to lead at 14-under.
Park turned in a season-best 9-under 63. It’s her best round on the LPGA, since the 2014 Fubon LPGA Taiwan, when she posted a 62. Mariajo Uribe is in second place, at 13-under, while Ariya Jutanugarn is in third, at 12-under.
Lying in tied fourth place was Laura Davies, along with Chella Choi (66), who turned in a bogey-free 9-under 63, to move from a tie for 39th, to the lead at one point, before Inbee Park moved in front.
Davies made seven birdies and an eagle, and had a stretch of five birdies in six holes to close her front nine. The last time Davies posted a 63 was the third round of the 2005 Wendy’s Championship for Children.
- Injured De Jong out until international break, says Barca’s Xavi
- Asian Games 2023, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: India beats Singapore 16-1 in hockey, Bhavani Devi loses in quarterfinals, judoka Tulika Maan to fight for bronze
- All aboard the Shami Express: From Moradabad to Team India via Kolkata
- Women’s Nations League: England boss Sarina Wiegman relishing strange but special Netherlands return
- Asian Games 2023: India misses bronze medal in 10m air rifle mixed team by barest of margins