Cameron Champ earned a commanding three-stroke lead after the third round of the Safeway Open.
American Champ carded a five-under-par 67 in the penultimate round at Silverado Country Club on Saturday.
Winner of last year's Sanderson Farms Championship, Champ – seeking his second PGA Tour title – was flawless as he holed five birdies in Napa, California.
Champ improved to 14 under through 54 holes, ahead of last week's Sanderson Farms Championship winner Sebastian Munoz (67), Adam Hadwin (67) and Nick Taylor (70).
Justin Thomas – winner of the 2017 FedEx Cup and US PGA Championship – is a stroke further back following his one-under-par 71.
Thomas was among five players tied for third heading into day three, however, the American star was unable to maintain that charge.
A second 71 saw Thomas fall into a tie for fifth alongside Chez Reavie (69), Collin Morikawa (70) and Nick Watney (72), who was two shots off the pace at the start of the round.
Overnight leader Bryson DeChambeau endured a forgettable round as he slid down the leaderboard following a four-over-par 76.
A five-time winner on the PGA Tour, DeChambeau held a two-stroke lead when he teed off but the American had a double bogey and two bogeys to be six shots adrift.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023