Title sponsorship for the 2018 Hero World Challenge, which will be held at Albany, Bahamas, from November 29 - December 2, has been assured by Hero MotoCorp Ltd. by its announcement of sponsorship extension via a communique on Wednesday. The event features an invite-only field of elite golfers from around the world, including Tiger Woods.
The body corporate, an Indian two-wheeler manufacturing company, first sponsored the tourney in 2014 at Isleworth Golf & Country Club before it moved to the Bahamas in 2015.
“Together with Tiger Woods and the TGR Foundation , we have had a memorable journey over the past four years, and we are glad to further build on this highly enriching relationship,” Pawan Munjal, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Hero MotoCorp , said.
“The Hero World Challenge has evolved into a global event highlighting the world’s best golfers year after year,” Tiger Woods said. “I’d like to thank Pawan Munjal and Hero MotoCorp for their continued support of the tournament.”
The Hero World Challenge is a four-round, 72-hole stroke play event with a USD 3.5 million purse, a USD 1 million winner’s prize and Official World Golf Ranking points awarded.
Latest on Sportstar
- Premier Handball League 2023: Rules, format, squads, fixture & live streaming info - all you need to know
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 3: Rahane in focus; India stares at follow-on scare, trails Australia by 318
- WTC Final: How many runs does India need to avoid follow-on?
- WTC Final HIGHLIGHTS, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 327/3 (85 overs) - Head 146, Smith 95 deflate India on opening day
- WTC Final HIGHLIGHTS, IND vs AUS Day 2 Stumps: India 151/5 (38 overs); Rahane wages lone battle as India in deep trouble