Phil Mickelson secured a huge payday after getting one over on Tiger Woods, but the five-time major winner was left red-faced when his champion belt would not fit around his waist.
Mickelson sunk a birdie putt at the 22nd hole to defeat his fellow American in the $9million pay-per-view match in Las Vegas on Friday.
There was a moment to forget for Mickelson during the ceremony in which he set his eyes on a stack of cash along with another prize, which he probably could have done without.
Mickelson was unable to don the belt he was handed at Shadow Creek Golf Club, but saw the funny side as Woods chuckled.
"It looks like it was made in Tiger's size," Mickelson quipped.
Mickelson had said to Woods following his victory: "Just know I will never let you live that down. It's not the Masters or the U.S. Open, but it is nice to have a little something on you."
Woods may have been second-best in the all-American duel, but he has some ammunition of his own under his belt after Mickelson was unable to buckle up.
- IND vs AUS Live Score 2nd ODI: Play to resume at 8:35 PM IST in Indore after rain interruption; Australia’s revised target 317 in 33 overs
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally on September 24
- Asian Games 2023: Japan stops India’s giant-killing run journey in Volleyball with a win at Hangzhou 2022
- Asian Games 2023: India women’s football team loses to Thailand, exits tournament
- Asian Games 2023, September 24 highlights: India wins three silvers, two bronze medals; men’s football team into round of 16; Nikhat Zareen reaches pre-quarterfinals