The Indian women's hockey team ended its tour of Germany with yet another defeat, going down 1-2 in the fourth and final match here on Thursday.
Naomi Heyn (29th) and Charlotte Stapenhorst (37th) scored for the world number three side before Lalremsiami (51st) pulled one back for the visitor late in the game.
It was India's fourth defeat in as many matches as the team stayed winless in the tour.
After rain delayed the start of proceedings, Germany found a lively tempo to their attack and earned a penalty corner with just ten minutes on the clock.
Savita and her defence stood firm to see off the threat. India, too, were awarded a PC just minutes later. But Germany's defensive line ensured that the score remained goalless after the first quarter.
With barely a minute left before the end of the second quarter, Heyn put the hosts in the lead with a brilliant field goal.
Germany continued to push forward after the interval and got their second PC. India once again showed good composure in defence but the German side steadily started to build a series of attacks.
The host took a 2-0 lead after Stapenhorst found the back of the net in the 37th minute.
The Indian side fought hard in the fourth quarter and put extensive pressure on the German defense line.
Lalremsiami found the back of the net in the 51st minute, but Germany protected its lead well in the closing stages to pick up its fourth successive win of the tour.
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: Jaiswal, Gaikwad fall early; IND 34/2 in 5 overs vs AUS
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 3rd T20I: Issy Wong shines again as England beats India by two wickets to win series 2-1
- PKL LIVE Score, Tamil Thalaivas vs Dabang Delhi updates: Young Tamil takes on Naveen’s Dabang; Gujarat vs Bengaluru later; When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023?
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC LIVE Updates, ISL 2023-24: LINEUPS OUT, Noah Sadaoui, Adrian Luna start in summit clash