Spain was hit hard just one game into the World Cup with its captain and key midfielder Miguel Delas ruled out for the rest of the World Cup with injury.
The 34-year-old hurt his shoulder in his team’s 4-3 Pool A defeat against Olympic champion Argentina on Thursday and underwent tests to gauge the extent of the injury that ruled him unable to continue in the competition.
Spain has included 24-year old Ricardo Sanchez as Delas' replacement with FIH approval but the youngster, with 51 caps, would have big shoes to fill. Sanchez would be joining the squad soon.
- Inter Miami vs Orlando City LIVE score, MLS updates: Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez score two each; MIA 5-0 ORL; Streaming info
- Late Digne strike gives Villa 3-2 win over Luton
- Inter Miami vs Orlando City LIVE streaming info: Preview, predicted 11, when and where to watch MLS match in India?
- Klopp dismisses Forest complaints over Nunez winner
- Frustrated Chelsea fans turn on Pochettino and owners