ECB: 'No threat to India-England series'

"We are already in India, there is no change to any plans and we are looking forward to the series against India," said an ECB spokesperson.

ENGLAND INDIA

England players practice at the Brabourne stadium ahead of the first Test starting in Rajkot on November 9.   -  AFP

The Test series between India and England, starting November 9, will take place as scheduled, said an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) spokesman today.

It had been reported that Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Ajay Shirke asked ECB to arrange for its players' expenses as BCCI weren't carry out the financial transactions.

“We are already in India, there is no change to any plans and we are looking forward to the series against India,” an ECB spokesperson told PTI.

Shirke had approached the Lodha Panel, seeking its directive to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ECB that entails the arrangements and payments for the visiting team.

The panel said giving directions on matters such as MoU between two board wasn’t its mandate.