It was two irrelevant matches on the second day of the Pune leg of the Pro Kabaddi league on Saturday. Irrelevant, for their results were to be inconsequential with the lineup for the playoffs nearly decided.
TAMIL THALAIVAS 40 BEAT PATNA PIRATES 37
First match: Tamil Thalaivas vs. Patna Pirates. Playoff berth: Pirates - check; Tamil Thalaivas - no chance.
Second match: Puneri Paltan vs. U Mumba. Playoff berth: Paltan - check; U Mumba - no chance.
Regardless, the air inside was charged with enthusiasm, encouraging one to frolic, in contrast to that outside - water-charged, what with cloudy weather and moderate rainfall, that typically encourages one to coop up and be lazy.
The audience, when prompted, failed to muster record-breaking loudness though. They were unable to clock a new record in the decibel meter during half time. So stayed the old record here - 112.8 decibels.
This was after Tamil Thalaivas led 29-12 versus Patna Pirates in the first half. Though the second half belonged to the Pirates - it managed 25 points to Thalaivas' 11 - it wasn't enough for it to clinch the game.
In the zone-A match, Puneri Paltan beat U Mumba 43-24.
The result: Puneri Paltan 43 bt U Mumba 24
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open: Jabeur ‘not so far’ from her best after injury-plagued season
- Formula 1: Perez need not put pressure on himself, says Horner
- Formula 1: Mercedes fined 10,000 euros over physio breach
- French Open: Tsitsipas says Alcaraz ‘biggest obstacle’ ahead of quarterfinal showdown
- Real Valladolid relegated from La Liga after Getafe draw