Haryana Steelers defeated Gujarat Fortunegiants 32-25 to start its home leg of Pro Kabaddi Season VI on a winning note here on Friday.
Steelers’ star raider Monu Goyat scored seven points and was ably supported by Kuldeep Singh, who chipped in with seven tackle points as well.
For Gujarat, Sachin and Prapanjan combined to score 17 points.
Steelers was the better team in the first half as it scored raid points at will with Monu and Kuldeep inflicting bulk of the damage on Gujarat.
Just before the end of the first half, Haryana Steelers inflicted an all out and led 20-13 at the break.
The fittest player of the match was Kuldeep Singh who looked sharper than all other raiders on the mat.
In the crowd was Olympic Games bronze-medalist Yogeshwar Dutt, who is also the brand ambassador for Haryana.
In front of a vociferous home crowd, Steelers continued to pile the pressure on Gujarat Fortunegiants.
Sunil Kumar, at the back for Gujarat, was rock solid and scored five tackle points. In the second half it was once again Haryana Steelers which dominated the proceedings.
The bravest moment of the match came from Prapanjan, who scored points off back-to-back raids to get Gujarat back in the game.
However, it wasn’t enough as Haryana Steelers maintained its composure to win the match
Telugu Titans will play UP Yoddha while Haryana Steelers faces U Mumba in tomorrow’s matches.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: TN 162 all-out vs Baroda; Khajuria falls after ton vs Delhi; Mumbai closes in on win vs Pondicherry
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- S.Korea suspend striker Hwang Ui-jo over sex video investigation
- Liverpool set to clinch place in Europa League knockouts