Tamil Thalaivas wonder kid Narender won the New Young Player of the season award [NYP] in the Pro Kabaddi season 9.
The left raider was instrumental in the success of his team and led the Thalaivas to its first-ever playoffs in the league’s history.
Narender was the biggest weapon in coach Ashan Kumar’s arsenal this season, scoring more than 10 points per game on average. Along with Ajinkya Pawar, he led the charge for the Thalaivas’ attack line and helped them win 11 of the 24 games the team played this season.
The 22-year-old raider amassed 249 points in 23 games this season, scoring 49.89 per cent of the total raid points for the Thalaivas. Narender stepped up in the absence of its marquee player Pawan Sehrawat, who did not return from an injury he sustained to his right knee in the very first game the team played this season.
PKL 9 Final preview! Who will win season 9 of Pro Kabaddi? Squad, strengths, weakness, team analysis - We’ve discussed it all in our Pro Kabaddi League live stream. Check out the full stream below:
- Matches Played: 23
- Total Points: 249
- Raid Points Per Match: 10.57
- Not out per cent: 76.79 per cent
- Total Raids: 405
- Successful Raids per cent: 48 per cent
- No. of Super Raids: 4
- Super 10: 15
- Total Raid Points: 243
- Average Raid Points: 10.57
- No. of Super Tackles: 0
- High 5s: 0
- Total Tackle Points: 6
- Average Successful Tackles/Match: 0.26
- Total Tackles: 16
- Tackle Sucess Rate per cent: 38 per cent
- NZ vs AFG, World Cup 2023: Afghanistan coach Trott admits dropped catches let New Zealand off the hook
- IND vs BAN, World Cup 2023: Shanto calls Kohli ‘wide’ delivery unintentional, blames poor batting for loss
- Formula One drivers risk million euro fines after rule change
- Harden skips 76ers practice for second day over dispute with the franchise, Coach Nurse says ‘unlikely’ he’ll play in preseason finale
- NBA 2023-24: Denver Nuggets eyes repeat from the West as revamped Celtics and Bucks favoured in East this season