Bengal Warriors and Telugu Titans played out a tie, 37-37, in zone-B of the ProKabaddi league here on Friday.
Either team made two empty raids each, much in the manner of feeling how cold the water in the pool is before entering.
Ravindra Ramesh secured the first touch point of the match in the do-or-die raid for the Warriors, and Elangeshwaran with his successful raid helped the Titans draw level 1-1.
The Warriors, from there, managed an assuring lead, 7-15, let the Titans catch up, and ended the first half 20-17 ahead. Both teams had inflicted an all out on each other.
Both teams started the second half too with two empty raids each, but the Titans followed it up with two unsuccessful raids, and an empty raid again, to trail 18-24.
The Warriors from 33-29, let it get to 33-32, with two empty raids and an unsuccessful raid.
The Titans took a timeout with five minutes left, and the Warriors soon after, with three minutes left.
Incidentally, in the end, both teams made two empty raids each for the match to be tied.
Later, Gujarat Fortunegiants pipped Puneri Paltan 23-22 in the second match of the day.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Ruud beats Zeppieri in four sets, reaches third round
- Kiran George, the giant-killer at Thailand Open, outperforms expectations
- Ajax will not extend coach Heitinga’s contract after season
- French Open 2023: Andreeva, 16, into last 32 and potential Gauff clash
- Indian sports news wrap, June 1