Puneri Paltan staged a superb comeback to beat Haryana Steelers 35—33 in a thrilling Pro Kabaddi League match on Wednesday.
This was Pune’s third successive victory over Haryana in this competition.
It was a contest of contrasting halves as Haryana dominated the opening period to open up a 15—point lead.
But Pune was a transformed unit after the break and overturned the gap to win an edge—of—the—seat thriller.
Both teams had a tentative start before Haryana rode a series of successful raids to gradually build up a formidable 22—8 lead by half—time.
Pune made a good comeback after the break to close the gap.
But Monu Goyat pulled off a ‘super raid’ to help Haryana maintain its dominance.
However, Pune continued to rack up the points with several successful raids and inflicted an all—out on Haryana to close the gap to 21—27.
Pune continued to chip away at Haryana’s lead and earned a second all—out to take the lead at 31—29.
The final few minutes saw a tough battle but Pune held on to its slender lead to clinch victory.
Bulls crushes Titans in hard fought match
The second match of the evening saw a close hard fought contest which saw Bengaluru Bulls beat Telugu Titans 34—26.
It was a neck—and—neck affair from start to finish.
With scores tied at 25—25 with a couple of minutes to go, Bengaluru earned an all—out which set up for a strong finish.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah removes Maxwell, Carey in quick succession; Australia loses five wickets
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Sathiyan, Manika qualify for R-16; Sreeja, Harmeet in action
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals