Tata Motors has announced a three-year partnership with the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) as associate sponsor, starting from the current season and will also support UP Yoddha team as the principal sponsor for the second consecutive year. The company will be introducing two new awards, the ‘best defender’ after each game and ‘best defender of the season’, both named after Tata Ace.
RELATED| UP Yoddha preview: Defence needs work
There is also a ‘Fan of the Match’ winner, who will have the opportunity to sit in the VIP Box for one of the PKL matches and have a chance to appear on television. Tata Motors’ association with the tournament began in 2016 with U Mumba for two seasons, followed by the link with the UP franchise.
Girish Wagh, President (Commercial Vehicle Business Unit of Tata Motors), said: “Games like kabaddi have always been at the forefront to connect with the masses in India. Kabaddi as a sport is a passion in our hinterland and PKL is elevating the game through high visibility and appeal. We are confident that these associations with PKL and UP Yoddhas will reap great benefits in building deeper connections with roots in the heartland.”
RELATED| PKL 2018-19: Full schedule
The sixth edition of the PKL will begin on October 7 in Chennai, with Tamil Thalaivas taking on defending champion Patna Pirates in the opening clash.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 4: Australia 160/5 (60 overs); Green, Carey frustrate India as lead goes past 320
- Asia Cup Stage 3: Indian archers finish with six silver and 1 bronze medal
- Former South Africa coach Clive Barker dies
- ‘History hovering’ over Djokovic as Grand Slam record beckons
- NBA Finals Game 3: Jokic’s Nuggets muddle Miami Heat defense, regain lead